Monday, February 8, 2016

Builder's Discussion Group Established

My email load is quite heavy, and I find myself caught in the difficult position of writing lengthy explanations and giving lots of advice - but it only goes out to one person at a time.

I've got literally thousands of email responses to queries, and I'd love to be able to show them to everybody, but I'd have to get permission so that people's privacy was protected.

A frustrating spin-off of this situation is that with my email workload, as well as building and design obligations, I don't have time to write regular posts on this blog.

So - Chuck Leinweber has helped me by setting-up a Group page on Facebook. I'm still very much a novice when it comes to using Facebook, but I'm hoping that builders will be able to address questions to my via the Facebook page, and that way everybody can take part in the conversations.

I'm happy to accept any suggestions about how to develop this page, and I hope that people will be able to help each other and not have to rely on emails from me.

the address is:-  https://www.facebook.com/groups/RLBuilders/

Look forward to seeing some messages!


1 comment:

  1. I'm preparing to build a Flint in Thailand.(!!!)Everyone around here (the Thais) seem to be using Polyester Resin, probably because it is so much cheaper. It comes in flimsy, clear plastic pop bottles and turns to jelly when exposed to light. I know it grips plywood at 20% less than epoxy resin.
    My only option is to pay $77. US plus expensive shipping for 4 litres of West System A R105. I would also need Slow Hardener 206 I believe. They have Jotun Paint here so I am looking for Jotaprime 500, a 2 pack. Also 6mm "Marine" plywood is only $14. a sheet but I assume it is the cheap import from China. Thanks in advance for advise, - Justin

    ReplyDelete