Back in early April I wrote an entry about the above rig. You can find the article here http://rosslillistonewoodenboat.blogspot.com/2011/04/rig-6-from-100-small-boat-rigs-103.html
At the time I wrote the piece I didn't have any sailing pictures showing the modified rig in action. Now I can show you a couple. They are low-resolution, but they give a good idea of how much the rig has been improved.
|The mast used to bend back alarmingly when sheet and vang were tensioned - now everything stays where it should be and the boat's behaviour has been improved dramatically.|
|Setting out for a day of pleasant sailing with a vastly improved rig|